Custom Build Services
Having your dream home custom built can be exciting, but it can be a daunting undertaking for those who are unfamiliar with the process, and that is where we come in. We offer a range of project management services to help you turn your dream into reality.
1. Initial consultation – If you buy us coffee we'd be happy to discuss the new home project you have in mind. We will go over ideas you may have, budget, timeline, the services you require, and how we may be able to assist you through the process. When you are comfortable to proceed, we will begin to assemble a team of designers, consultants, and trades appropriate for your specific project.
2. Design Phase – This is where your ideas get translated to a set of conceptual sketches, floor plan drawings and possibly 3D renderings of the proposed home. We are glad to offer recommendations on architects and interior designers based on your preferred style, or you may already specific professionals in mind. During this phase we provide guidance to ensure the design meets your functional and aesthetics requirements. We can also offer suggestions that may help better manage construction costs and protect future resale value.
3. Finishing Selection – This might be the most enjoyable aspect of building your dream home. You will get to decide on such items as: kitchen appliances, bathroom tiles, paint colours, built-in cabinets, and more. You may be as involved as you wish, or simply provide the interior designer with the style direction you wish to take.
4. Contract, Budget, and Schedule - Once we have concluded the design of the home, we can prepare an estimate of construction costs and preliminary timeline. We will also explain the contractual agreement so you understand the expectations and responsibilities of parties involved.
5. Permitting – We will coordinate with the relevant authorities to obtain the necessary permits for the proposed construction.
6. Construction – Once building permit has been issued, construction can begin. We will provide you with timely updates on major milestones, and you are free to visit anytime to see your new home gradually take shape. We are confident you will be pleased with your home building experience and the finished product for many years to come.
If you wish to sell your existing home, purchase a site for your custom-build home, or you wish to discuss a trade-in, we are able to offer professional realty services in-house. Please contact us for more details.